2016-2017 TSU Tigers Basketball Schedule, Roster, & TV Information [UPDATED 10/27/16]

I hate the preseason has no home games ... it doesn't pay off to play all those hard ass road games. We did last year and lost the tourney. At least they'll be in AZ during the preseason
That's Coach Davis' philosophy. He said he doesn't want home games.

I think we had 3 home games (a home-and-home with Norfolk St, Lamar, & Wiley) since 2013 when Coach Davis was setting up our schedule. 2012 was his first year, but he was hired in early August, so he didn't get to give input on that schedule. For reference, we played ULL, Oakland, CS-Fullerton, & FIU at home with a game @ UH right across the street when I believe we outnumbered their fans.

I like the schedule but no back to back games/tournaments for out of town travel .
We have a back-to-back game when we play LSU on 12/17 and then TCU on 12/18. I hope they're flying otherwise they're going to be really tired for the Baylor game on the 21st!

I meant a 1 location tournament (2 games) so i can fly or drive in, get a hotel, play golf and go to 2 games. I need road trips for me and east tex and dollar bill

I meant a 1 location tournament (2 games) so i can fly or drive in, get a hotel, play golf and go to 2 games. I need road trips for me and east tex and dollar bill
Ah, I gotcha... The TCU/Baylor matchup would likely be the closest thing to it, although they're hours apart

I definitely plan to attend more basketball games this season. I complete my Master's program in December so I'll have way more free time to do more stuff. And those interested in going to LSU, a basketball game at LSU is pretty boring in the fall normally since it's a football school and everyone is still in football mode. I mean if I was to travel to a basketball game it'll be to a "basketball school" b/c the energy and excitement will be definitely there.

I have yet to make it to the SWAC Tourney so that's on the top of my list this season and of course I would like to go the NCAA Round 1 game if we win (top off my list too).

I believe our OOC schedule is pretty much set. Only games missing from our schedule are the Alabama State & Alabama A&M games as they have not released their schedules either.

7'1" possible NBA Prospect and former Prep Star transferred to TSU a couple weeks ago from Auburn.

Is this season looking brighter and brighter or what? I'm ready for football to end to be honest .... we lost the Labor Day Classic and all our key players are gone (QB and WR). I love our guys and appreciate their hard work representing our alma mater (I'll be watching the game Sat on Root) but the football season will not be more exciting than our basketball season this academic school year ... won't be close.

7'1" possible NBA Prospect and former Prep Star transferred to TSU a couple weeks ago from Auburn.

Is this season looking brighter and brighter or what? I'm ready for football to end to be honest .... we lost the Labor Day Classic and all our key players are gone (QB and WR). I love our guys and appreciate their hard work representing our alma mater (I'll be watching the game Sat on Root) but the football season will not be more exciting than our basketball season this academic school year ... won't be close.

He was a big time recruit a few years back. 4-star prospect I believe. Having him and DG in at the same time would put DG in a more natural four position. I still have hope for football season, but until we start the football season with a win, the basketball season should be more exciting.

Back